IAP Awards 2023 - London, United Kingdom
Special Achievement Award
The Special Achievement Award is given to a prosecutor, whether a member of the IAP or not, who has demonstrated special dedication in the pursuit of his/her professional responsibilities, or who has discharged his/her professional responsibilities in the face of special hardship or adversity or under other circumstances which deserve special recognition.
In 2023 the IAP Special Achievement Awards were presented to:
- The Prosecution team in the George Floyd Case, United States of America. In recognition of the complexity of the case and its international and historical significance. (full citation)
- Ms. Lilian Akinyi Okumu Obuo, Chief of Staff for the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions, Kenya. In recognition of all her efforts leading to better outcomes for the Kenyan prosecution service. (full citation)
- Mr. John Pallas, Assistant Attorney General for the Michigan Department of the Attorney-General, United States of America. In recognition of his outstanding career achievements and his dedication to the ideals of fairness. (full citation)
According to IAP’s Constitution, an Honorary Membership is a special kind of membership, expressing a high level of appreciation by the Association. On recommendation of the Executive Committee, the General Meeting may elect as an Honorary member of the Association any person who has made an outstanding intellectual or organizational contribution to the development and operations of the Association.
- Mr. Satyajit Boolell, Mauritius
- Mr. Gerhard Jarosch, Austria
- Ms. Claire Loftus, Ireland
- Mr. Irakli Shotadze, Georgia
- Mr. Christopher Toth, United States of America
Certificates of Merit
The IAP Certificate of Merit is awarded as an expression of the Association's gratitude to members of the IAP (individual or organisational) for their pursuit of the Objects of the Association. Certificates of Merit can also be awarded to non IAP members as an expression of the Association's gratitude for supporting the Association.
- Office of the Georgian Prosecutor General, for organising and hosting the 27th Annual Conference and General Meeting in Tbilisi, Georgia in 25-29 September 2022.
- Mr. Paris Adamis (former member of the Executive Committee, IAP Senator), Mr. Georgios Kotsiras, the Deputy Minister of Justice, and Mr. Vasilios Pilotas, Prosecutor General of the Hellenistic Supreme Court, for hosting the 55th northern spring meeting of the Executive Committee in Athens, Greece, 22-24 March 2023.
- Office of the Prosecutor General of the Supreme Court of Türkiye, for hosting the 1st IAP Pan European Regional Conference in Istanbul, Türkiye, 2-5 May 2023.
- Public Prosecutor's Office of the State of Ceará (MPCE) and the National Association of Prosecutors (CONAMP), for hosting of the 7th Latin American Regional Conference in Fortaleza, Brazil, 28-30 June 2023.
- Isfandiyar Hajiyev, Deputy Head, Organisational and Information Support Department of the Anti-Corruption Directorate with the Prosecutor General of the Republic of Azerbaijan, for his everlasting assistance to the IAP Secretariat in recruiting individual members.
And leaving Executive Committee Members:
- Paris Adamis, member
- Noordn Haji, member
- Wongsakul Kittypomwong, member