IAP Awards 2022 - Tbilisi, Georgia
Special Achievement Award
The Special Achievement Award is given to a prosecutor, whether a member of the IAP or not, who has demonstrated special dedication in the pursuit of his/her professional responsibilities, or who has discharged his/her professional responsibilities in the face of special hardship or adversity or under other circumstances which deserve special recognition.
In 2022 the IAP Special Achievement Awards were presented to:
- Mr. Sean Moody from the CPS England and Wales, in recognition of the important disruption of money laundering networks, for using a novel approach to deal with an issue of serious criminality, and for his determination in arriving at a result when the usual prosecutor's tools were unavailable (full citation)
- The Attorney General of Indonesia, Prof. Dr. ST. Burhanuddin, in recognition of the creation of a restorative justice program (full citation).
Certificates of Merit
The IAP Certificate of Merit is awarded as an expression of the Association's gratitude to members of the IAP (individual or organisational) for their pursuit of the Objects of the Association. Certificates of Merit can also be awarded to non IAP members as an expression of the Association's gratitude for supporting the Association.
- The Prosecutor General's Office in Russia, for hosting the 52nd Executive Committee and General Meeting in St. Petersburg, Russian Federation, 2021
- Office of the Director or Public Prosecutions of Canada, for hosting the 6th North American & Caribbean Regional Conference, October 2021
- National Association of Attorney Generals, Washington, USA, for hosting the 6th North American & Caribbean Regional Conference, October 2021
- U.S. Department of Justice, for hosting the 6th North American & Caribbean Regional Conference, October 2021
- Siracusa International Institute, for hosting the 53rd Executive Committee Meeting, Siracusa, Italy, 7-8 April 2022
- Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions of Kenya, for hosting the 4th African and Indian Ocean Regional Conference and East African Association of Prosecutors Conference, Mombasa, Kenya, 17-19 May 2022
And leaving Executive Committee Members:
- Gerhard Jarosch, president and past-president
- Satyajit Boolell, vice-president African and Indian Ocean region
- Serge Brammertz, vice-president European region
- Christopher Toth, vice-president North-American & Caribbean region
- Jorge Abbott, member
- Claire Loftus, member
- Jean Fils Ntamack, member